- 2 Tsp. Canola Or Vegetable Oil2 Tsp.
- 1 Green Or Red Bell Pepper, Cut Into Short, Thin Strips1
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms2 Cups
- 3/4 Cup Pizza Or Marinara Sauce3/4 Cup
- 24 Armour® Italian Style Meatballs, Thawed24
- 4 (6-Inch) Pita Or Flatbread Rounds, Warmed If Desired4
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Or Italian Blend Cheese1 Cup
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil (Optional)2 Tbsp.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir in pizza sauce and Italian meatballs; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
Spoon mixture down center of bread; top with cheese and, if desired, basil. Fold bread over filling.